Girls & STEM Expo at Central Connecticut State University
- Date: 4/8/2016
- Time: 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Location: Central Connecticut State University
1615 Stanley St
New Britian, CT 06053
On April 8th, nearly 100 high school girls joined with Central Connecticut State University educators, students, and representatives from numerous organizations and companies to increase their awareness of STEM careers, gain hands-on skills, and start navigating their pathways from high school to college and career.
We kicked off the day with an interesting presentation from Carol Coppa and Carolyn Begnoche, engineers and members of the Society of Women Engineers. They shared their journey in engineering as well as exposed the girls to the many opportunities available within the engineering field. Then girls then split into several groups to learn about manufacturing, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, biochemistry, electric circuits and more! The day concluded with the "Navigating the Path to College and Career" session, geared to provide practical information college and career guidance information for the girls to pursue their aspirations in STEM.
Thank you to representatives from the following organizations for joining us!
- Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT)/Dream It Do It
- Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
- Regional Center for Next Generation Manufacturing
- Education and Employment Information Center (EEIC)
- The Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- CCSU Admissions
- CCSU School of Engineering, Science, and Technology
- Capital Workforce Partners
- Capital Community College
- Tunxis Community College
- Penn Globe
THANK YOU to Central Connecticut State University for supporting this inspiring event!
Check out our Facebook page for more pictures!
Check out our upcoming Expos:
Check out our past Expos: